I’d seen and heard of people using avocado in ‘ice creams’. When I bought three very ripe ones for 50p from my greengrocers I knew I’d be giving a new recipe a go! So, this is my baby led weaning take on avocado chocolate pudding.
- Very ripe avocados (I had two)
- One heaped dessert spoon of cocoa powder for every avocado (if you are dairy-free/vegan you will need to check your cocoa power)
- 1/3 cup of date syrup (I used a meridian foods one from my health food shop but it is also very easy to make – just message me should you need)
- Mash your avo or blend if you’d prefer. Add in your cocoa powder and date syrup and mix well.
- That’s it. Freeze in ice pops, small weaning pots or keep in the fridge as a pudding.
- My little one really enjoyed them and I felt 0 chocolate guilt.
I’ve served this both as a lolly and a pudding. Next time I’m going to try with mashed banana. Let me know if you try any of your own variations! If you are looking for dairy-free recipes why not try my puffed rice treats, or banana oat biscuits! Click on the pic.
Pin for later